As part of our regular monthly webinar series our EYFS webinar with Alistair Bryce-Clegg (ABC Does) enlightens us with Alistair’s thoughts on progress and attainment in the Early Years.
Alistair Bryce-Clegg is an experienced Early Years practitioner, with over 30 years experience working in the Foundation Stage. A fascination with child development, an interest in subconscious learning links and the complex process of how children learn, led to Alistair developing ‘ABC Does’, a hub for Early Years practitioners.
In this webinar Alistair reflects on his experience of the best ways to raise children’s attainment in Early Years.
- Importance of skill development and self-selection of resources when planning learning environments
- Correlation between quality dialogue between adults and child within play on learning outcomes
- Philosophy of play as a vehicle for learning
- Explanation of resource selection and desired learning outcomes for children
- Continuous provision in the absence of an adult
Checkout the helpful Q&A’s from practitioners around the globe for Alistair’s insight on; distanced online learning in EYFS, balance between objective level planning and observation, as well as advice on early phonics.
You can watch the EYFS Webinar with Alistair Bryce-Clegg (ABC Does) below. Do let us know what you think!