The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force in May 2018. It builds on existing data protection laws, strengthening the rights that EU individuals have over their personal data, and creating a single data protection approach across Europe.
How will Learning Ladders comply with the GDPR?
As part of the compliance process we have reviewed all our internal processes, procedures, data systems and documentation to ensure that we comply when GDPR comes into force in May 2018.
Our GDPR Principles are:
- Data is processed fairly and lawfully
- Data is processed only for specified and lawful purposes
- Processed data is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Processed data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Data is not kept longer than necessary
- Data is processed in accordance with an individual’s consent and rights
- Data is kept secure